What is LED?
All talk about LED made us want to explain to you what it really is. We took help from Ledgiganten.se that explains LED like this:
“LED is an abbreviation of Light Emitting Diode, that is a diode emitting light. The effect is a form of eletroluminiscens arising by the material of the diode. Colors may vary and be within the ultraviolet, visible and infrared spectrum. LEDs was invented back in the 1920s, but first in the 60th century, the diodes that could give visible light was developed.
LEDs have been used for a long time as indicator lamps in electronics and displays, but as it develops new brighter varieties, they have also begun to be used for lighting. More recently, LED lamps that can replace traditional incandescent lamps have been developed. You’ll also find LED technology in your flat screen TV, on the dashboard, the flashing lights of your car as well as in industrial and traffic environment where the lights must withstand tougher treatment.”
Advantages of LED lighting:
- Increased lifetime of the lights.
- Reduced power consumption.
- Saves money.
- Benefits on maintenance and safety.
- Emits less heat and therefore suitable in confined spaces.
- More robust and durable than incandescent bulbs.
- May give different color without the use of filters.
- No IR or UV radiation that can be faded. (Ideal picture lighting)
- Easy creation of focused light without flickering.
- Contains unlike energy saving lamps no mercury or other hazardous heavy metals.
- Works even when it is colder than -35 degrees, unlike energy saving lamps that only withstand -25.
Click on the picture to visit the webiste of Ledgiganten!